Over the years there has been a very significant increase in plastic surgery procedures being performed in the UK. According to the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the top 5 surgical procedures for plastic surgery done in the UK are as follows:
Facial Plastic Surgeries
If you’re not satisfied with your facial appearance, plastic surgery can help you reconstruct your features in an attractive way. In UK facial plastic surgeries are divided into the following categories:
- Face and neck lifts: these make the saggy skin or age wrinkles disappear and you look younger in years. If you want your face to match the age you feel, a face or neck lift might be the answer for you.
- Face Contouring: if you want sharper cheekbones or more prominent chin, perhaps face contouring can help you.
About 17% of the plastic surgery procedures in the UK are done on the nose. For those who want a slimmer, sharper nose a nose job is an ideal procedure as it can contour the nose to suit your face and enhance your appearance. Rhinoplasty augmentation is done for those who want to get fuller noses to suit their broader face structures.
For women who are satisfied with the shape of their breasts, plastic surgery provides them with a viable option to change the way they look. Here are the categories of plastic surgeries performed on the breast in the UK:
- Breast reduction: this surgical procedure reduces the size of the breasts
- Breast uplifting/tightening: for women who have saggy breasts, breast uplifting or tightening can help them get back the volume in their breast and make them perky like before.
- Breast reconstruction: women who have lost their breasts as a result of mastectomy can opt for breast reconstruction surgery and have their breasts back. The surgical procedures performed in the UK involve the rebuilding of the breasts usually recreating the areola and the nipples as well.
Setting of the Ears
About 2% of the entire population of the UK considers they have prominent ears. There are cases where people want the shape and lie of their ears changed. Often people want to get a normal fold for their ears. The cases are varied in nature but the gist is that no matter what the shape of ears if they are a little out of place the person can be subjected to fun, criticism and loss of self confidence. Plastic surgeons in the UK offer comprehensive setting procedures for the ears through plastic surgery. Usually the ears are reconstructed from behind and only a little scar remains as a reminder of the surgery.
Body Image Changing
Plastic surgery for changing the body image can include abdominal reduction, liposuction, endoscopic plastic surgery, vaginal surgery, hair transplant and surgeries for scars and keloids. You can consult any practicing plastic surgeon to know and assess the risks and recovery options you have after you opt for a body image changing plastic surgery procedure.